Thursday, June 6, 2013

Is this thing on?

My fiancee is always telling me I need to start a blog. I have a couple theories as to why a. I talk too much and he's sick of hearing it OR b. He really tries but just doesn't give a damn about my girly problems

Truth be told, I do talk too much. Nonetheless, that's not why I started Rabbit Food Done Right. I've struggled with managing my weight since my son, Talon, was born over three years ago. I've tried every fad diet you can imagine with little to no success. Finally, about a year and a half ago I bit the bullet and went the low carb route.

I was working out 4-5 times a week and eating super-clean. After about eight months, I was able to lose just over 40 pounds and I was thrilled. But after a week long vacation in Disney World and carb [+ beer] binging, I could never get back on track full time.

A year and 15 pounds later I've finally found my motivation again, in the form of a gorgeous engagement ring and Fall 2014 wedding. I'll be damned if I have muffin tops hanging over my newlywed undies!

I'm easing my way back into the low carb lifestyle and trying to get my mind back on regular exercise. I hope Rabbit Food Done Right will help motivate me and make me stick to my plan. As I was cutting up my afternoon snack at work today (Fresh raspberries and peaches, although it tastes more like a nectarine. I pulled it from the peach mountain at Kroger, how do I know if I got a peach or a nectarine?) my bowl looked super pretty with the peach and raspberry colors all cuddling together, and I thought to myself "hell yes! If you're going to eat rabbit food (do rabbits like fruit?) this is the way to do it! That's rabbit food done right! and wa-la here we are.....

My goal (this is scary, it's going to be forever published in internet-world) is to get to my goal weight of 125 by the end of the summer. As of this morning I was 147 so I have 12 weeks to lose 22 pounds. Hefty goal aye? You in or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment